Firm: INNOVATION & DESIGN IN ARCHITECTURE
- Work within IDA’s office and coordinate their time/schedule with their direct supervisor listed below
- Be provided with the necessary equipment to complete their task.
- Complete all tasks designated by their direct supervisor within the time allotted
- Receive approval from their supervisor before working more than 40hrs each week when completing the tasks
- Be paid at an hourly rate to be determined after internship interview
- Perform the duties of the Job Description listed below:
SUMMARY: The Architectural Intern position is responsible for production of deliverables to the client, as directed by the Project Architect or Project Manager. As such they act as the first step in the CD QC processes. They need to be self motivated, and are responsible for self managing their own schedules in order to meet client due dates as established by the Project Manager and Project Architect. Overall, their position must adhere to the design and management strategy developed by the controlling partner for each client relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces Project specific design and construction drawings as scheduled
- Prepare design models, presentations, and renderings.
- Manages personal schedule related to project specific due dates.
EDUCATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Architectural/Interior Design Degree in Progress
- BIM (3D modeling) background preferred
- AutoCAD background preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in Architectural/Interior Design School/University
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office
- Revit/AutoCAD Experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage personal schedule with relation to assigned deliverables.
- Visual rendering, 3D Studio Max/Viz/Sketch Up/Photoshop preferred.
- Employee Handbook
- Fast-paced office environment, Must be able to multi task, High volume project schedule