Designer / Multi-family Residential
Firm Name: Withee Malcolm Architects
Firm Website: witheemalcolm.com
Job Location: Los Angeles/Torrance, CA
Salary Range: Based on experience
Job Description: Designer – Multi-Family Residential
Withee Malcolm Architects is an award-winning Architecture and Planning firm located in the South Bay of Los Angeles. We specialize in the design of distinctive high density multi-family urban infill projects that include mixed-use, TOD, commercial, senior and affordable housing. We are looking for a talented, licensed, design leader who is highly qualified in residential multi-family/mixed-use design, desires professional growth, and has the following qualifications:
- Accredited Architectural degree (U.S.A.)
- Licensed Architect in the State of California
- 7 – 10 years of experience in designing Type 5 and Type 3 multi-family projects
- Superior graphic presentation skills in both 2D and 3D including hand sketching, Photoshop, Sketch-up, Revit, V-Ray or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Revit is mandatory with minimum 5 years’ experience
- Ability to lead presentations with superior communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team structure to achieve desired outcome
- Ability to design with imagination and manage to achieve constructibility
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help shape the firm’s design direction of projects with a high level of design creativity within the parameters of structure and building requirements
- Provide conceptual and design leadership and participate in establishing design goals and presentations for the projects
- Perform leadership roles on major projects of complex concepts, standards, building codes, and building systems with a proven ability to monitor project tasks and quality of presentation drawings
In order to be considered for employment, applicants must be currently eligible to work in the United States.
If you meet the requirements of this position, please email resumes and examples of current work with the subject line Designer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WMA is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation and benefit package. We will contact only those candidates with whom we would like to move forward.